With the Power Release, Youreka is taking things to the next level by empowering teams and field workers to accomplish more than ever before.
- Digital Asset Repository
- Print/Save PDFs created in the field
- New Mobile App Stability
- Transpose Extension Pack
- Emergency Forms Extension Pack
- Salesforce Login Access
Digital Asset Repository
We are thrilled to introduce the Digital Asset Repository (DAR), which is one of the most requested features by Youreka's customers. The DAR allows you to download photos and PDFs from Salesforce and interact with them in the context of your forms. These files can come from previously completed work, such as a previous visits or follow-up work, ensuring workers have the most relevant detail at their fingertips. The DAR also allows field workers to access PDFs or instruction manuals relevant to that job right within the form as they complete the work, guiding them through the process and ensuring the job is completed properly.
Picture this! A property inspector identifies pipe issues and leaks under a sink in one of the property’s ten sinks. The support team dispatches a field technician to fix the issue. How does the tech know which sink to work on? Within the form, the technician can access the DAR and see powerful contextual annotated photos of the sink, its location, and specific photos displaying pipe issues to allow them to see exactly what work needs to be rendered and where.
- Supports Photos and PDFs
- Available on mobile, browser, experience cloud (communities), standard lightning desktop
- Supports multiple photos
- Supports multiple Digital Asset Repositories in a single form
- See photos related to that specific job, remove the guessing of which asset to work on and what work to complete.
- Share the PDFs and photos that are helpful for your users, customer’s and partners completing or viewing forms so they can see how to troubleshoot and resolve issues quicker.
How to Setup
Add the new Content type to your form within the Template Builder, link to the relevant object that contains the files, publish the form and you’re ready to go! See detailed instructions in the knowledge base article.
This new feature is a game-changer, allowing users to print their forms on a Bluetooth printer while still on site. Users can also send a PDF of the form to individuals, save the PDF directly on their device, and many more! Sharing options are dependent on the capabilities of their device, allowing you to leverage AirDrop and Nearby Share.
Users are are free to whatever they need with the PDF of the form they're working on and can share it in various ways, depending on the capabilities of their device.
A few examples include:
- Print a PDF of the form - This can all be done onsite now. There is no need to send an email with the PDF that can be printed at a later time.
- Send the PDF via text - If there are other individuals that need to access the form quickly, what’s easier than sending the PDF in a text message?
- AirDrop the PDF to the customer.
- Save the PDF directly on your device.
For full details see the knowledge base article.
New Mobile App Stability
In the Ohm Release, Youreka launched its new mobile app. Since then we’ve been listening to customer feedback and continuing to improve the enhanced sync process and add new capabilities. The new mobile app is now more stable and faster than before. We encourage customers to test all their forms and process in the new app and roll it out to their field workers.
Here are some of the fixes and enhancements delivered in Power:
- A new Deeplink parameter has been created that forces retrieving the latest data from Salesforce. For additional information on using Deeplinks, please see our Knowledge Base article.
- Full support for Enhanced Domains in Experience cloud.
- Full support for Mobile App Branding.
- Save Photos in the background when changing pages.
New Speed to Value Extension Packages
Extension Packs are solutions that help accelerate the Youreka implementation process. Extension packs include fields, formulas, reports, flows, and more to provide customers with production-quality use cases within minutes.
The Power release includes 2 new packages:
- Transpose - includes a Salesforce Flow that takes Youreka answers from rows of data to columns to make reporting easier. It supports up to 25 answers per form template.
- Emergency Batch - includes Salesforce automation to manage existing forms when publishing a new template version. This automation retrieves all new forms from an old form template, batch-creates replacement forms on your new form template version, and deletes the old forms. This works great for up to batches including 250 forms or less.
How to Setup
Youreka's Extension Packs are unmanaged packages in Salesforce. For additional details please visit the Knowledge Base articles for Transpose and Emergency Batch. Please note that these are premium extension packs, so please reach out to your custom success representative for additional details including install links.
Salesforce Login Access
When creating a support case for Youreka, you can now grant secure login access to your Salesforce Org directly to our Support Team. This enables us to test and debug within your non-production Org, allowing us to accurately reproduce issues and resolve them quickly.
Additional New Features and Fixes
- Enhancements to Youreka’s PDF generation allowing Long Text fields to take the full width of the page.
Youreka Embedded in Salesforce Field Service
- UI fixes and enhancements to Youreka’s LWC that can be embedded directly in the Salesforce Field Service mobile app.
Increased CSS Limits
- Leverage custom CSS to format and design your forms. Now the limits have been doubled and you can have up to 65k characters of CSS.
New Metadata (for Profiles/Permission Sets)
The following metadata has been added in this release and should be included in any cloned/custom Permission Sets or Profiles related to Youreka.
- Question Object:
- DAR Filter Value
- DAR Filter Value
- DAR Order By
- DAR Sort Order
- Youreka Public Settings:
- Digital Asset Repository File Max Size
New APEX classes that need to be included in custom permission sets (included in the 4 Youreka permission sets)
- Version 2.900
- Current Mobile Version (Blue App) 3.1.91
- New Mobile Version (White App) 3.1.0
- Release Date April 5, 2023
Power Patch Release Notes
We have released a patch for the Power release. This patch includes new functionality as well as fixes to existing issues in the New Mobile App.
- A new custom setting to disable creating chatter feed items for photos. This custom setting was created to help avoid timeout errors in certain environments. For more information about this setting, please visit the Youreka Public Settings Article.
- A fix to an issue where paging through a form quickly would render a blue screen.
- A fix to an issue where users were presented with a grey screen when leaving the Youreka app and returning.
- A fix to an issue where checkboxes were left-aligned on default in the New Mobile app.
- A fix to an issue where low-to-no connectivity would cause timeout errors.
- A fix to an issue where multiple clicks were required to cancel a deeplink.
There is a fix to an issue where viewing images, both template images or photos, in community as an internal user or standard user did not always work. As part of Power Patch, the issue has been resolved for customer communities when the community has a domain suffix. This is still an outstanding issue for partner communities.
- Version 2.911.0
- Current Mobile Version (Blue App) 3.1.91
- New Mobile Version (White App) 3.1.1
- Release Date May 25, 2023