After reading this article, you will understand how to configure field link lookups to provide more context to the end user and aid in selection of the correct option.
Before you get started
These articles might be helpful before you read further:
Introduction to Field Link Lookups
While a user is completing a form, sometimes they need to select a record from a list of records stored in Salesforce. This task is usually straightforward, except for if, for example, they need to select the correct contact record when there are multiple contacts with the same name in your org. There are two places/times when this can come up--on form creation, and during form completion. In both cases, you can configure Youreka to display more information related to the record by choosing a fieldset in Template Builder.
Mobile Form Creation
Follow these steps to specify a fieldset to display when selecting a record during form creation on a mobile device.
- In Template Builder click the Properties (formerly Allow New Records) button.
- Select the Mobile New Form Fieldsets tab and choose a fieldset that you've defined.
- When prompted to select a contact for your this form, type the name and review the information listed to select the correct record.
Follow these steps to configure Youreka to use a fieldset to display more information about a lookup you're populating.
- In Template Builder, edit the field link lookup question.
- Scroll down on the Question Details tab, and specify the Lookup Fieldset.
- When completing the form, click to answer the field link lookup question (in this example, Supervisor) and search contacts. Use the additional information made available by the fieldset to select the correct record from the search results.
Flexible Lookup Search
Field Link Lookups enable more flexible searches to help find the right data among thousands of records. For example, when field team members fill out a form, the process to locate the accurate record is easier by using the flexible search function instead of scrolling through records.
On a form, when searching for the right Asset in a Field Link Lookup it will use a “contains” search. i.e., if the Asset name is ASSET_123_567 the user can search for ‘123’ and will find any assets that contain that string. This will remove the need for entering the full Asset name to find the needed record.
When searching for a record based on the serial number, entering the last 4 digits quickly finds the correct record.
How to Setup
For all new customers on Newton this will be enabled by default.
For existing customers this will be disabled when upgrading to Newton.
To change go to Setup->Custom Settings->Youreka Public Settings and enable/disable the ‘Flexible Lookup Search.’
For additional details, please visit our Knowledge Base article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.