After reading this article, you will understand how to configure field link lookups to provide more context to the end user and aid in selection of the correct option.
Introduction to Field Link Lookups
While a user is completing a form, sometimes they need to select a record from a list of records stored in Salesforce. This task is usually straightforward, except for if, for example, they need to select the correct contact record when there are multiple contacts with the same name in your org. There are two places/times when this can come up--on form creation, and during form completion. In both cases, you can configure Youreka to display more information related to the record by choosing a fieldset in Template Builder.
Mobile Form Creation
Follow these steps to specify a fieldset to display when selecting a record during form creation on a mobile device.
- In Template Builder click the Properties (formerly Allow New Records) button.
- Select the Mobile New Form Fieldsets tab and choose a fieldset that you've defined.
- When prompted to select a contact for your this form, type the name and review the information listed to select the correct record.
Follow these steps to configure Youreka to use a fieldset to display more information about a lookup you're populating.
- In Template Builder, edit the field link lookup question.
- Scroll down on the Question Details tab, and specify the Lookup Fieldset.
- When completing the form, click to answer the field link lookup question (in this example, Supervisor) and search contacts. Use the additional information made available by the fieldset to select the correct record from the search results.