With the Reactor Release, Youreka is ending the year with some exciting new features as well as some improvements to continue the effort to support field and team workers. New features included in Reactor are:
- Table Section in Template Builder, BETA Version
- Additional Objects Available for Linked Section Creation
Table Section Feature (BETA)
Data capturing just got a whole lot easier! We are thrilled to introduce a BETA version of the Table Section feature, which is one of the most requested features by Youreka's customers. The Data Table gives organizations the ability to capture data in a concise way that follows their in-field experience and workflow. Do you like a 3 column layout? Table sections can save the day! Want to do some data calculations to help make information decisions? Don't worry, table sections have it covered!
Imagine this! You are a company that specializes in completing site inspections for your customers. Your field technicians spend most of their time on-site collecting various sets of data. Currently, field technicians are answering questions, one-by-one, regarding the inspection. This means that they will have to scroll through the form to compare the data points being gathered. Not to mention that trying to build a large table using custom CSS can be a daunting task.
The data table feature will give Youreka Users the ability to input and compare all of that information in one spot without having to sacrifice time scrolling through the form, and did we mention that it’s easy to build!
- Form users are able to save time when providing and comparing data
- Table will be viewable across device types
- No longer reliant on CSS
- Further customization of the forms experience based on organizational needs
- Effortless way to perform data analysis
How to Setup
Before starting, make sure the Advanced Data Collection license has been added to your user profile. Please reach out to the Youreka team to gain access to this additional paid feature for further assistance
In template builder, the Table Section will be a draggable feature. Drag that into a form and let the fun begin!
Give the section a name, decide how many columns and rows should be available, if a page break is needed, etc.
Selecting the checkbox for "Allow Vertical Scroll" will populate more fields for the user to fill out where they can customize how many rows are shown at a time.
Once that is saved, questions and content can be added. This is where data collection and customization meet! Each cell in the table can have its own look and feel.
Publish the template and create a form to start using the table!
Below are just a few examples of how Table Sections can revamp your Mobile App Experience!
Completing a Health Assessment that requires a user to understand where they need to look to answer the questions? Take a look at how Table Sections can solve that use case!
Does your user have to complete a large diagnostic assessment step-by-step while also collecting some numerical data that requires some calculations? Avoid any user error and take a look below at how seamless that experience can look like!
Does your experience include some on-site field quoting to close a potential deal? Let Table Sections help you close that deal FAST!
|Supported Features||Available Features but NOT Supported||Disabled Features|
|Number||Inbound and Outbound Deeplinking||Field Validations (Not including Required)|
|Percent||Date||Question Display Logic|
|Radio Button List||Date and Date/Time||Section Display Logic|
|Blank Space||Managed Templates|
|Free Text||Multi-Select Picklist|
|Columns and Rows (Max is 24x40)||Cloning of Questions|
|Cell Customization||Section Display Logic|
|Required Question Validation||Field Validation (Not including Required)|
|Import/Export of Templates||E-Signature|
|Form Cloning||Field Link|
|Free Text Formatting and Alignment||Attachment/Photo|
|Question Display Logic|
* Template must be saved before questions are selectable in the Formula Tab
New Objects for Linked Sections
Surprise! Another way for your mobile workforce to gather more data in the field. Users will now have the ability to add linked sections for the following objects:
- Opportunity Line Items
- Products Consumed
- Product Request
In the Salesforce world, there are a handful of lookup fields that cannot be changed to lookup to a different parent record. In Youreka, you may see this relationship referred to as “non-reparentable”. The objects listed above fell into that non-reparentable grouping. Youreka now supports linked section creation for the objects listed above so users can add lookups in the form.
For example, Product Consumed is an object that has lookup fields to Product Item and Price Book Entry. These lookup fields cannot lookup to a different record once set, meaning they are non-reparentable. With Reactor Release, users can now add linked sections and line items for Product Consumed.
For more information regarding field link lookups, refer to this knowledge base article.
Before the Reactor Release, users were not able to add linked sections in template builder for the objects listed earlier because of the non-reparentable relationship with the child fields. This limited the amount of information users could add onto a form during their in-field experience. Now, more contextual data can be gathered with the expansion of the linked section experience!
Additional New Features and Fixes
Linked Section Refactor
- Previously, there was little to no visibility of linked sections on smaller devices. Now, users will have a seamless experience when creating and interacting with linked sections.
Hamburger Menu Pinning
- Users will now be able to pin the hamburger menu regardless of device size. The pin menu option will always be available for users to select/unselect.
Mobile Card Improvements
There is an improvement to Mobile Card headers which allows users to display fields from the fieldset on the header rather than the Primary Object ID. Along with that, more space is now allocated to the Mobile Card object label to allow for more characters.
Also included is a fix to an issue where users could expand a Form or Mobile Card when 2 or less fields were visible on the card
Other Various New Mobile Fixes
- A fix to an issue where the hamburger menu was disappearing on the Card List screen
- A fix to include record name in New Form Field Link Fieldsets
- A fix to prevent validation for required photo questions from reporting errors when quicksaving or changing pages
- A fix to enable the expand button on Form/Mobile Cards only when more than 2 fields are in the fieldset
- A fix to an issue where outbound deeplinks would launch a browser rather than the deeplinked app
- And more!
Table Section Feature
- In Template Builder, it may require a few attempts to delete a cell in a table.
- In Template Builder, there is a slight delay when attempting to drag an element, like a question, onto a form.
- In Template Builder, if the first row is frozen and contains a content image, the user will not be able to successfully create a form on a mobile device.
- In Template Builder, there is currently no validation message when exceeding the max column and row amount.
- In Template Builder, when moving cells around from one table section to another, there is no warning message if the cell overlaps another.
- In Template Builder, editing the Table Section's setting will wipe all of the table's data. Please save the template prior to making changes to the section.
- Some design features for a table, such as background and text color for a cell, are not appearing in a form.
- In the Web experience, a user will not be able to open up the date/time picker in a Table Section.
- Alignment options selected in Template Builder are not properly rendering on a form.
New Metadata (for Profiles/Permission Sets)
The following metadata has been added in this release and should be included in any cloned/custom Permission Sets or Profiles related to Youreka.
- Question Object
- Table Cell Style
- Section Object
- Table Columns
- Table Rows
- Column Min Width
- Visible Rows
- Frozen Columns
- Frozen Rows
- Version 3.201
- New Mobile Version (White App) 3.3.0
- Release Date: November 8th, 2023