With the Solar Release, Youreka is starting off the year with some exciting new features as well as some improvements to continue the effort to support field and team workers. New features included in Solar are:
- Table Sections
- Youreka Maps
- Youreka Fuse
Table Sections (GA Version)
The Youreka team has spent time reviewing feedback that was received during the beta period. There have been additional capabilities added plus some improvements to continue supporting our table section users. In addition to the updates, the Advanced Data Collection License will be required for certain users to utilize this feature in the Mobile App.
Additional Capabilities Added:
- Bulk Cell Styling. Users can now copy and paste the design of one cell to another in template builder.
- Field link question type
- Cloning of a question or content in template builder
- Date and Date/Time Question Type
- Support of Managed Templates
- Checkbox list question type
- Picklist question type
- E-signature question type
- In order to protect the design of a form, users will not be able to download a PDF that contains a table section
- Error Handling is now fully supported and mobile users will be made aware of any errors in a table section.
For more information regarding Table Sections, best practices, and licensing requirements please refer to this knowledge article.
Youreka Maps (Beta Version)
Youreka's Solar Release, featuring the innovative Maps Feature, represents a leap forward in mobile data management. By seamlessly integrating mobile cards with interactive maps, Youreka not only addresses the current needs of businesses but also sets the stage for a more intuitive and efficient future. Embrace the power of spatial insights, streamline your operations, and navigate success with Youreka's cutting-edge technology.
Youreka Mobile Users now have the ability to view their Mobile Cards (Work Orders, Accounts, etc) in a Map View along with the current List View. The Maps feature gives our customers the ability to ditch other third party mapping tools and completely rely on the Youreka app to help them with their day-to-day needs.
Imagine this! You are a field technician, traveling in your service vehicle, day-to-day, going from site-to-site, with the goal of completing various tasks and maintaining assets. Currently, your only way to determine which site to go to next is to follow the work that was assigned to you and drive from one site to the other or plan your day out which may involve looking up the address of each site and mapping out the order in which you complete them.
The downside of this current experience is
- Increased Truck rolling…The technician may spend most of their day driving from site-to-site
- Dependent on other tools outside of Youreka
- Insufficient use of time
Now enter Youreka Maps. The technician can still see the various Mobile Cards assigned to them in a list view but now they will have the added capability to view them on top of a Map! The mobile cards will be visualized as pins on the map, allowing you to see where your work is in relation to one another and your location. No more jumping from another mapping tool back to Youreka, opening each mobile card up one at a time to see its location, or navigating to various sites without knowing the best route to complete your jobs for the day! Here’s a way to make friends on the job…based on how your organization is set up, you may be able to see other sets of work that isn’t necessarily assigned to you but that can be completed since it’s close to your location, and you’d be helping out a fellow colleague!
- Decreased Truck Rolling
- Flexibility and less dependency on other tools
- Optimization of time
- Technician autonomy.. The mobile user will now have the ability to make informed decisions while onsite regarding what their work day looks like.
How to set up
Admins will have to make sure that Maps are properly enabled in Salesforce Setup, that geolocation is turned on, and that the organization's mapping data has been inputted properly in Salesforce. Once Maps is enabled and the proper map data has been provided, mobile users will be able to start driving away and completing their jobs!
For more detailed information regarding this feature and steps to set it up, visit this knowledge article.
Youreka Fuse (Beta Version) Android Only
NOTE: Youreka Fuse is actively under development. Please refer to the Knowledge Article linked below for more information.
Introducing Youreka Fuse, the groundbreaking feature that seamlessly integrates Youreka Forms directly into the Salesforce Field Service App (SFS Mobile). This strategic fusion combines the robust capabilities of Youreka with the efficiency of the Salesforce Field Service platform, offering users an unparalleled experience in data collection and field service management. By embedding a Youreka Lightning Web Component (LWC) directly within the SFS Mobile environment, users can effortlessly access and complete forms without the need for toggling between multiple applications. This not only streamlines workflows but also enhances the overall user experience, empowering field service professionals to capture critical data in real-time and make informed decisions on the go. Youreka Fuse represents a harmonious synergy between two powerful solutions, creating a unified platform that amplifies productivity and effectiveness in the field.
For the beta release, users will be able to complete an EXISTING Youreka form within the SFS Mobile app.
For more information regarding Youreka in Salesforce Field Service Mobile, and steps to set up this feature, visit this knowledge article.
Additional Features and Fixes
- Interactive Validation
- Instant Feedback
- Visual Indicators of Errors
Additional Fixes and Improvements
- A fix to an issue where default values were not cleared when switching question types in the Template Builder
- A fix to an issue where users could create Field links to Salesforce time fields
- A fix to an issue where users would not be prompted for their PIN after leaving the app backgrounded for extended amounts of time
- A fix to an issue where JPGs of e-signatures were only created for the user’s first inputted signature
- An improvement prompting users to delete sections that have no questions before publishing
- A fix to an issue causing unchecked radio button answers to be displayed on a compact Linked Section Card