After reading this article, you will understand how to create a PDF of your forms, as well as how to implement and use PDF generation.
Before you get started
This article might be helpful before you read further:
Out of the box, Youreka offers the ability to convert forms into PDFs from the Salesforce desktop UI or from the Youreka Mobile App. Youreka’s PDFs are simple and require no configuration to generate. In both cases (desktop PDFs and mobile PDFs), the resulting document displays the questions, answers, and sections in the same format that is displayed while filling out the form (see screenshot below).
Photos and attachments that have been added to the form render in the final section of the PDF in the Appendix section, and are displayed in the order in which they were attached.
Before generating PDFs, the form template must allow PDFs to be generated. Users can visit a Form Template in Salesforce, use the sprocket in the top right-hand corner to select Enable Form PDFs.
Generating PDFs in Salesforce Desktop UI
From the desktop UI, visit any form in the system. The template of that form should have PDFs enabled. From the Form Detail page (see screenshot below), select the sprocket in the top-right corner, and select Generate PDF. By selecting this option, a PDF will download to the user’s browser.
Tip: Be sure to check the browser’s ad blocker settings. Certain types of ad blockers can prevent downloads from Salesforce.
Generating PDFs in Youreka Mobile
From your mobile device, open a form with the Youreka Mobile App. Tap the collapsed menu icon (AKA “Hamburger Menu”) in the top-left corner of the screen, and select Generate PDF.
When selected, a newly drafted email will open in your device’s default email application. A PDF of the form will be automatically attached to that email. From here, you can send the email to whomever you choose.
Changing the Logo on Youreka PDFs
Out of the box, each PDF generated with Youreka has the Youreka logo in the top-left corner of the document. This logo can be changed to your company's logo by taking the following steps:
- Switch to Salesforce Classic
- Visit the "Documents" tab
- Find the "logo_for_youreka_pdfs" document
- Replace the document with your newly desired image
Considerations for Youreka's Generate PDF Feature
- Images only render if under 10 MB
- Images only render PNG/JPG/JPEG file formats
- Do not render certain Free Text styling options
- E-signatures do not render in IE11
- In Safari, use the browser print option to download the PDF
- The maximum characters rendered for any one answer is 1,500 characters
- Photos uploaded through the web, or taken through Salesforce mobile, may render in the wrong orientation
- Attachment/Photo questions with a mix of photos and other files may not render correctly in the Appendix
- Network error? Try enabling the Download PDF setting in the browser.
- Not downloading? Try disabling popup blockers and adblockers.
- Not downloading? Try printing the pdf (as a PDF) and then download.
- Internet Explorer
- No signatures? E-signatures will not render in IE 11.