After reading this article, you will have seen examples of ways you can configure the Form object to meet the unique needs of your organization.
Before you get started
This article might be helpful before you read further:
Out of the box, when navigating to a Form record in Salesforce, you see a Visualforce page showing all of the questions and answers on the form, in the same order and format that the form template defines.
Because the Form object is an object just like any other in Salesforce, it can be configured and tweaked to fit your organization’s needs. Below are some examples of ways that you can adjust the Form object based on certain business requirements.
Custom List Views
Configure Custom List Views on the Form object to define lists of forms and which information from those forms is visible.
Configure Lightning Pages for the Form Object to improve user experience while viewing completed forms in Salesforce.
Examples of components to add to Lightning Pages could be
- Visualforce – FormDetail (required - this is the Visualforce component that shows the form with all of its related questions and answers).
- Record Highlights – For showing compact layouts and quick actions
- Record Detail – for viewing fields on the Form record
- Path – for visualizing business processes
- Flow Screen Components – for capturing information while reviewing forms
- Related Lists – i.e. Tasks, Files (for Photos), Discoveries, Approval History
Page Layouts and Custom Fields
If you create Lightning Pages for Form records, add Record Detail to these pages to show users the custom fields and page layouts for each form.
Add quick actions to the Form object to update records, create records, launch Flows and more right from a form page.
Add Chatter components to the Form Lightning pages to allow users to collaborate on forms.
Create Salesforce Approval Processes on the Form Object to manage workflow and business process.
Create screen flows to manage business process and workflow while viewing forms.
System Automation (Process Builder, Flow, Apex)
As you can see, there are unlimited possibilities when it comes to the options afforded to admins regarding the configuration of Forms to meet your organization's requirements.
Please sign in to leave a comment.