Article Objective: After reading this article, you will understand some of the options involved with configuring the Form Template object in Salesforce.
Out of the box, when navigating to a Form Template record in Salesforce, users see a Visualforce page showing some basic information about the form template, including the template status, the number of questions on the template, how many forms have been completed for the template and much more.
Because the Form Template object is an object just like any other in Salesforce, it can be configured and tweaked to fit your organization’s needs. Below are some examples of ways that you can adjust the Form Template object based on your business requirements.
Create Custom List Views
Create custom list views to be able to easily access different lists of templates organized by criteria that you designate. You can configure which templates are included in each list and which fields are displayed to be able to easily see and update information without navigating away from the page you're on.
Configure Lightning Pages for the Form Template object to improve user experience while on Form Template records in Salesforce.
Examples of components to add to Lightning Pages could be:
- Visualforce - FormTemplateDetail (required - this is the Visualforce component that shows critical settings and controls for the Form Template record.
- Record Highlight - For showing compact layouts and quick actions
- Record Detail - for viewing fields on the Form Template record
- Path - for visualizing business processes
- Related Lists - Forms, Questions, Answers, Sections, Discovery Rules and more
Page Layouts and Custom Fields
When creating Lightning Pages for Form Template records, you can add Record Detail to these pages. This will show users custom fields and page layouts every time a Form Template record is reviewed.
Consider adding custom fields to the Form Template object to manage business processes or to define specific attributes about Form Templates based on your organization's needs. Some examples are listed below:
- Form Template Version (see our Form Template Versioning article to learn more)
- Language and/or region (perhaps defining which regions each template is intended for)
- Approval Status (could be used to manage the approval processes involved with publishing a template)
Add the Chatter lightning component to your Form Template Detail pages to allow users to collaborate on Form Templates