After reading this article, you will understand how to create URLs that lead to forms for non-Salesforce users to fill out
Before you get started
Be sure to read the following article first before tackling this one:
If you've chosen to use Salesforce Public Sites to host Youreka forms for non-Salesforce users, you can now start to create URLs that lead to forms for people to fill out.
Before creating URLs, it is important to consider business process and desired user experience. Are you intending to have users fill out a new form record when they click on the link, or do you already have a form record in Salesforce today that you want someone to continue filling out? Also, do you wish to have these users redirected after filling out form (i.e. return to your company website, or Salesforce community)?
Creating a URL to the Public Site
Use the following diagram, as well as the descriptions below to understand how to create a link:
In the diagram above, we are doing three things to build our URL:
- We are using the Site Prefix/Site URL from the Salesforce Public Site you intend to use. In the example below, we are using http://synaptictfo2020.force.com/ at the beginning of our URL. Yours will be different based on how you set up your public site.
- We are deciding whether to create a new form record when someone clicks on the link, or navigate them to an existing form record in Salesforce.
- If we wish to create a new form record, the link must contain a Form Template ID, as well as the Form Lookups if your template uses Field Links. The Template ID tells the system which type of form the user will be filling out, and the Form Lookups tell the system which records in Salesforce the form should be related to.
- If we wish to have the user navigate to an existing form, we need to have the form record ID present in the URL.
- Optionally, we can add a return URL, to bring users back to a webpage of your choice.
If you put it all together, you should get something that looks like the snippet below. In the below example, we've used the Public Site URL that we set up in the Salesforce Site. After that user completes the form, they will return to www.youreka.io.
Public URL Builder
In the event that you wish to send links to existing forms, you can follow the instructions above or you can use the Public URL feature in Salesforce that Youreka provides you. Do this by visiting any form record in Salesforce, clicking on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner, and selecting Public URL.
This menu allows you to create a URL that can be sent to an individual to complete. When they click on the link, their browser will take them to the form. After completing the form, they will be redirected to the return URL that you set when creating the link. Also after completing the form, the Form record will be updated in Salesforce, as well as all other related objects.
- Youreka Forms can be styled to match each organizations brand guidelines. Visit our styling documentation to learn how to adjust the look and feel of these forms for users