The default options on Youreka forms are Cancel, Save & Close, and Submit. These button labels can be customized to align with how the people completing your forms think about these functions.
For example, your organization may think it would be clearer to your form filler to tap a Finished button rather than Submit because then they understand that they are finished with the form.
This customization occurs at the Form Template level, you can adjust so each template individually to have customized button labels on the form. This tutorial outlines the steps for customizing these button labels for your form templates.
- Open the Form Template Detail page of the Form Template for which you wish to change the button labels.
- Open the Gear menu and select View Form Template Properties to load the template standard page.
- You will need to add a few fields to this page.
- Choose Edit Object from the Setup gear menu.
- Navigate to the Page Layouts section, and choose the Form Template Layout.
- Within Fields, drag and drop the Cancel Button Label, Quick Save Button Label, and Save Button Label fields into the information section. Note that there are separate custom labels intended for use in the Youreka Mobile app: Cancel Label Mobile, Quick Save Label Mobile, and Save Label Mobile. Also, “quick save” refers to the current “Save & Close” button and “save” refers to the “submit” button.
- Press Save at the top left-hand corner of the Edit Layout screen. The new fields will now be available on the Form Template Properties page.
- To edit the button labels themselves, from the form template details page, select Edit Template Properties from the gear menu.
- Enter the desired new labels into the fields for each of your buttons.
- Save your edits.
- Return to the Form Template to create a new form from the template and you will see that the new button labels have been updated at the top of your form.