After reading this article, you will understand how to bring values from a Salesforce record into a Linked Section on a form.
Inherited Values allow you to pull data from a Salesforce record into fields on a Youreka form’s Linked Section, if that Linked Section has a lookup field. After using a lookup in the Linked Section, inherited values populate other fields in the form with attributes from the lookup record.
This feature is powerful, because it allows you to provide your users with data about specific Salesforce records as they complete a form, without ever needing to leave Youreka to retrieve the information.
Examples of this feature in action are as follows:
- Users select a Product in a lookup field, and have that product's unit price and product description populated into fields on the form.
- Users select a CFR from a list, and have the details around that CFR populated into fields on the Form.
Setting Up Inherited Values
To set up Inherited Values, add a question to a form template in a linked section.
Use the following numbered image and the associated descriptions below to understand how to properly set things up.
- Question Text – This is the name/label of your question.
- Type – This is the question type, and should not be changed if you intend to use inherited values. Field Link is required.
- Field Link Object – This is the object you are using in your Linked Section.
- Field Link Field – This is the field on your object that Youreka will map the inherited value to.
- Value Range – This allows you to set data validation around the values for the field.
- Use Inherited Value – Enables the usage of inherited values for this question.
- Inherited Value Relationship – This is the lookup field on your Field Link Object
- Inherited Value Field – This is a field on the lookup object that houses the information you wish to inherit. After the lookup field is populated by the Youreka user, this data will automatically populate this question’s answer.
Considerations for using Inherited Values
- Inherited values only work with Linked Sections.
- Inherited values work offline, so long as the lookup object is primed to the mobile device. For more information on offline data, see our help article.