After reading this article, you will understand how to set up Mobile Cards on the Youreka Mobile App.
Before you get started
This article might be helpful before you read further:
Mobile Cards is a feature that allows an admin to change the primary display on the Youreka Mobile App. In earlier versions of Youreka, the primary display on the mobile app included a list of forms that had been made available to users (see the left side of the screenshot below). This would allow a user to select from any of the forms in the list, and immediately be able to edit those forms.
With the Mobile Cards feature, admins have the ability to display an alternate record to users on the primary display (see right side of the screenshot below). This is significant because if an organization tends to manage their business processes around Accounts, Cases, Work Orders, or Tickets as opposed to Forms, Mobile Cards can be used to improve the user experience. When Mobile Cards are enabled, end users can tap on a card, and reveal a list of Forms related to that record.
Configuring mobile cards requires an admin to use the settings in the Mobile Admin tab. Use the screenshot below, as well as the corresponding bullet points to understand what each component on the Mobile Admin tab does.
- Enable Mobile Cards - Enables or disables mobile cards. When this setting is turned on, object-specific mobile cards will be enabled for all Youreka Mobile users. When this setting is turned off, the original Youreka mobile experience will be available to end users, where each card on the application represents an individual Form record.
- Primary Object - Allows you to define which object the mobile app will show for end users. The screenshots above show different mobile experiences where the Primary Object is set to Account, Contact, or Ticket, just as an example.
- Summary Field Set - This selector allows you to define which fields are shown to end users on the Mobile Cards. Create a field set on the Primary Object, and drag and drop desired fields onto the field set to have them appear on the mobile app.
- Form Sort Order - Defines the order in which Form records will display to the end user after they tap on a mobile card. Remember, when Mobile Cards are enabled, users can tap on a card, and see all of the forms associated with that card's record. This setting defines the order in which those records are displayed.
- Object Filter - allows the admin to define which records will be shown on the mobile app. You can write a filter in a SOQL where clause that informs the mobile app which records to display for the end user. A few examples can be seen in the box below.
Visit_Candidate__c = TRUE AND Account_Owner_Is_Current_User__c = TRUEAny fields used in the expression should be from the Primary Object and you should be using API Field Names as opposed to Field Labels.
Type = 'Customer' AND Last_Visit_Date__c < LAST_90_DAYS
For complex queries, consider using a boolean formula field on the primary object, and filtering based on the value of just that field.