If your organization chooses to use Salesforce Maps and Youreka together, you have the ability to plot Youreka data on a map right inside of Salesforce.
Youreka has various objects which provide admins with geolocation data, out of the box. These objects include:
- Check Ins
- Form Events
These pieces of data can be visualized on a map because they have latitude and longitude data points. Use the following steps to set up Salesforce Maps to visualize Youreka data. In this tutorial, we'll be showing you how to visualize on the Form object, but you can just as easily set up views for the other objects listed above.
- Visit Setup -> Installed Packages -> Salesforce Maps (Configure) -> Base Objects
- Create a new Base Object for the Form object
- For Address Fields, select any field on the Form object. The Form object doesn't have specific address fields, just latitude and longitude fields, so we won't need address information.
- For Coordinate Fields, select Most Recent Mobile Location (for both latitude and longitude).
- For now, leave the rest of the settings as they are. You can come back to configure these if you have additional requirements, but for now, we'll leave them as is.
- Visit the Maps tab in Salesforce
- Create a new Map Layer, using the Form Base Object we just configured.
Create filters for your markers. Perhaps you only want Submitted Forms, or forms that are related to Accounts in the system. In the example below, we're filtering by both of these criteria simultaneously.
When you save and refresh your layer, you are able to see all of the submitted forms plotted on the map.