After reading this article, you will understand how to create deeplinks that take you to another mobile app from Youreka.
Before you get started:
These articles might be helpful before you read this one:
It is not uncommon for mobile users to be utilizing several mobile apps while doing their work. It's possible that they are emailing, utilizing turn-by-turn navigation, sending text messages, and more - all while on the go. Having recognized this, the Youreka team has made it possible for you to create seamless mobile user experiences by deeplinking in between the Youreka Mobile App and the other applications that a mobile user might be using.
For quite some time, admins have been able to create deeplinks that navigate a mobile user from one mobile application into Youreka. With the latest Youreka release, we have made it possible for you to deeplink out of Youreka to a different mobile application.
By utilizing deeplinks both into and out of Youreka, admins can create a seamless experience for their end users, without those users necessarily worrying about which mobile application they're using at any given time.
The screenshot below shows a simple example, where an end user is capable of deeplinking from Field Service Mobile, to a series of Youreka checklists, and then right back to Field Service Mobile.
About Outbound Deeplinks
You can create an outbound deeplink by using parameters in an inbound deeplink. These parameters tell Youreka where it should send the user after completing their work. Here are a few examples:
- Deeplink to create a new form: After the form is created and the user leaves the form to return to a forms list, Youreka will follow the deeplink.
- Deeplink to create an existing form: After the form is opened and the user leaves the form to return to a forms list, Youreka will follow the deeplink.
- Deeplink to create Mobile Card record: The user can open and close as many forms as they want to within the Mobile Card record that was linked to. Once the user leaves the Mobile Card and returns to the Mobile Card list, Youreka will follow the Outbound deeplink.
See New Params below for more information about whether the user is prompted to leave the Youreka App or whether they go immediately without a prompt.
- retURL= – URL to follow after completing the form or leaving the item linked to. Can be a URL or a deeplink to an app.
- false – Youreka will follow the link immediately after leaving the item linked to. This is the default behavior if this parameter is not set.
- true – after leaving the item linked to, the user will be prompted asking if they want to continue to the deeplink. If they click “Yes”, it will follow the link. If they click “No”, it will stay in Youreka and they will not be prompted again until they follow another link into the app with the “prompReturn” param set to “true”.
- retLabel= – The name of the app or location to show if the prompt to follow the Outbound Deeplink. If “promptReturn” is set to “true” and “retLabel” is not provided, the prompt label will default to “Continue to previous app”.
In the example below, we have configured an App Extension in the Field Service Mobile Settings, which allows users to deeplink into Youreka Mobile, complete their checklists, and upon completion, be taken back to Field Service Mobile.
Here are additional examples (which can be copied and pasted)
|This deeplink is designed to be added to Field Service Mobile. The user is taken to a Work Order Mobile Card, and when they leave that Mobile Card (via Check Out or return to record list), Youreka navigates the user back to the Field Service Mobile application using the Field Service Mobile URI Schema, to the original Work Order that was being viewed in FSL mobile.|
|This deeplink operates in the same way as the deeplink above, except is asks the user if they would like to return to FSL, as opposed to automatically navigating them there.|
- You can deeplink into and out of Youreka from any mobile application. This could include Salesforce Mobile, or another mobile app that the user requires.
- If you are using Youreka's Check In / Check Out feature, deeplinks into Youreka will greet the user with the opportunity to Check In, and when they Check Out, the outbound deeplink will be triggered.
- If you are not using Youreka's Check In feature, but you are still using Mobile Cards, the outbound deeplink will be triggered when the user exits the Mobile Card
- If you are not using Mobile Cards, the outbound deeplink will be triggered when the user Submits their form.