This article teaches you how Template Validation works, and why it is useful.
Before you get started:
These articles might be helpful before you read this one:
As you are building Form Templates in Salesforce, you might notice a feature called Validate Template, which is made available on the Form Template Detail page for any specific form template.
This feature helps to ensure that the Form Template is validated against a number of different items in the Salesforce environment. Feel free to use this feature often to ensure that the template is capable of being published. When you choose to validate a template, Youreka is doing the following:
- Verifying the type and existence of all field linked fields
- Verifying the list of picklist values on all field linked picklist questions, and matching them to Question Values
- Verifying picklist choices for dependencies
- Verifying dependent picklist options
- Verifying picklist choices for task section dependencies
- Verifying the validity of in-form lookups
- Verifying relationships for inherited values
- Verifying the presence of required fields for allow new relationships and linked sections
As you can see, there's a lot going on to make sure the template is setup properly!
Considerations for Template Validation
- When you run template validation, Youreka will present a list of potential errors that may exist. Youreka will also make an attempt at automatically resolving these errors. If Youreka can resolve the errors, there is no further work necessary for you. If Youreka cannot resolve the errors, a message will be displayed with instructions that you must follow to resolve the issues.
Please sign in to leave a comment.