After reading this article, you will understand how to configure Pulsar to work with Youreka in order to be able to complete forms while offline on a Windows device.
Before you get started
This article might be helpful before you read further:
Pulsar for Salesforce allows customers to leverage Youreka from a Windows device. It is a paid third party app available for purchase from Luminix and is not included in your purchase of Youreka Licenses.
Youreka will only work on supported Pulsar Windows devices. For iOS and Android devices, please continue to use the Youreka Mobile App.
How it works
Admins must create all the Forms needed for each user ahead of time. Ensure each user launches the Pulsar app while still online, so the app can download all the needed data in advance.
- In the Pulsar Mobile app go to the Forms icon.
- On the Forms Related List find the Form to be completed and open it.
- On the bottom-right corner click the Icon to complete the form.
- The Youreka app will launch within Pulsar and allow for completion of the form.
Pulsar Installation and Setup
- Install the Pulsar App in your Org from the Appexchange. Instructions for installation can be found in the Luminix Installation Guide.
- Assign Pulsar Licenses to the relevant users.
- Install the Pulsar App on the Windows Device.
Enabling Youreka Within Pulsar
- Download the Youreka Forms.pulsarapp.zip file that has been provided. Remove the “.zip” ending from the file.
- Upload Youreka Pulsar app:
In your Salesforce Org go to the Files Tab.
Go to the Libraries sub-tab.
Click New Library. Name the new library Youreka Pulsar App.
Click on the Youreka Pulsar App Library link.
Click Add Files and then click Upload Files. Select the Youreka Forms.pulsarapp file from the location it was downloaded to and click Open.
Click Manage Members. Add any users that will be using the app as Library Administrators or define their access with at least Read access.
- Get the Record ID of the Youreka Pulsar App just uploaded:
Click the arrow on the file just uploaded and select View File Details
Copy and save the Record ID from the URL, this will be needed in step 5:
- Go to the Pulsar Settings Manager App in your Salesforce Org. Click the PulsarSetting Tab.
- Click New and create the following PulsarSettings records to use Youreka, clicking Save & New after adding each one:
Pulsar Setting Name Key Value Global Shared Web Resources pulsar.docs.enableHTMLResources TRUE Hide the Standard Edit button on the Form object pulsar.layout.hideEditButton disco__Form__c:Default Show tabs on Form Detail Screen pulsar.layout.disco__Form__c.doclist Insert Record Id from Step 3b Sync Objects pulsar.sync.objects Account
Optional HomePage Hide Unsynced Object Tabs pulsar.home.hideUnsyncedTabs TRUE Show custom button in Form Detail Screen pulsar.layout.disco__Form__c.doclist.icon Upload a custom icon as a File & Attachment to this setting
- Ensure that any additional objects needed offline are added to the Sync Objects setting.
- Create any additional needed Pulsar Settings for your needs. Please see these articles for reference.
- Ensure users have the correct Pulsar permissions.
- Forms must be created ahead of time and synced to Pulsar. Form creation is not supported from within Pulsar.
- Changing Field Link Lookups in Pulsar is not supported at this time for all standard objects.
- No access to barcode scanner or camera.
- Uploading photos is done from the Windows file system.
- Images as Content are not supported but we’re exploring options to support them.
- Deleting photos functionality is not yet fully supported.
- Mobile Cards are not available.
- Linked sections are not yet fully supported but development is underway.