In this article, you will learn about how to calculate the difference in time between two date or datetime questions.
Before you get started
This article might be helpful before you read further:
When you're collecting date or time-related information on your forms, sometimes it would be nice to be able to calculate the difference between two dates, or datetimes. Using a Custom Formula, you can tell Youreka to calculate the time difference in Years, Months, Days, Hours, Minutes, or Seconds.
How To Configure Date Formulas
From the form template builder,
- Add questions to your template for start and end. Both questions should be the same type (date or datetime). They can be standard or field link questions.
- Add a third question to store the calculated difference. This question must be a number question and can be a standard or field link question.
- Select the Custom Formula tab.
- Select Math (+, -, /, *).
- Select Dates.
- Select the Question type of your start and end questions from step 1.
- Select the Section and Question for your start and end questions.
- Select the Date Unit you wish the calculation to save as (Years, Months, Days, Hours, Minutes, or Seconds).
- To calculate the difference between two date or datetime questions, their types must match. They must both be date questions or they must both be datetime questions.
- The question containing the formula must be a number question. The units will be defined in the custom formula.
- Time zone differences and Daylight Savings are not considered when calculating the formula.
- For date formulas inside of linked sections, only dates within the same linked section or within standard sections can be picked.
- For date formulas in standard sections, only dates in standard sections may be chosen.
- A formula can exist as a simple question in a form template or as a field link. In the event of the latter, the final calculation would be saved to the appropriate field in Salesforce.
Please sign in to leave a comment.