After reading this article, you will understand how to setup Salesforce Field Service Mobile with Youreka to allow working with Youreka forms inside the Salesforce Field Service mobile app.
Please note, this functionality will not be available until a Salesforce release at the end of July
The Salesforce Field Service LWC workspace allows a user to work on existing Youreka forms while remaining inside the Field Service mobile app. This feature is useful because it eliminates the need for a user to switch between the Field Service Mobile app and the Youreka Mobile app to access and work with your Youreka Forms.
Once you have setup the Salesforce Field Service with Youreka you be able to:
- Load a basic form in the SFS mobile app
- Submit a basic form in the SFS mobile app and have the data saved back to Salesforce
- Load a cached basic form in the SFS mobile app
How To Set Up Salesforce Field Service Mobile in your Org
- Work with your Salesforce account team to submit a request to join the SFS LWC pilot.
- Install the Field Service Connected App
- Open a new incognito/private browser window and download the connected app for Field Service.
- Optionally, to download the app into a sandbox, change login.salesforce.com section of the URL to: test.salesforce.com
- Next, enable and install Field Service for your org as instructed in this Salesforce article:
- Next, within your org from the app launcher:
- Search Field Service Admin
- Then, switch to the Field Service Settings tab and make sure all the permissions under the Permission Sets tab are up to date.
- Follow the steps in this article to give users access to the field service mobile app:
- Ensure that all the users (that you want to provide access to SFS) get added via Manage Assignment > Add Assignment (refer to the “give users access to the field service mobile app” link above)
- Next, assign proper permission sets to the users (you need at least these permission sets below):
- Permission Set License Assignments:
- Field Service Mobile
- Field Service Standard
- Permission Set Assignments:
- FSL Mobile License
- Permission Set License Assignments:
LWC Pilot Setup
- Follow all the steps documented in the latest Field Service LWC Pilot guide provided by Salesforce.
- All users using the LWC will need a new dedicated Permission set. To create it:
- Navigate to Setup -> Permission Sets and click New.
- Enter a Label for your new Permission set.
- Set License to Field Service Mobile and click Save.
- In the Find Settings... box search Enable Lightning SDK.
- Click the checkbox to Enable Lightning SDK for Field Service Mobile
- Assign this new permission set to any user that will be using the LWC.
Create a Quick Action
You will need to create a Quick action that uses the Youreka Lightning web component and add it to a page layout in Salesforce so that it's available in the Actions launcher in the SFS Mobile app.
- From the Object Manager in Setup, access the Form object.
- Select Buttons, Links, Actions
- Select New Action.
- Set Action Type to Lightning Web Component
- Set Lightning Web Component to disco:pilotYourekaForm
- Add a Label to display in the Actions launcher of the Salesforce Feld Service mobile app.
- Change the Icon if you like.
- Select Page Layouts from the navigation on the left-side of the screen.
- Choose the page layout that's been assigned to your mobile user
- Select Mobile & Lightning Actions
- Select the Quick Action you created in steps 3-8 and drag it to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions portion of the screen
To Create Service Appointments, and Setup Work Orders and Forms
- Ensure that you have a Service Resource assigned to a Service Territory with Operating Hours
- Create a Work Order with a Service Appointment and schedule it to a Service Resource
- Create a new Form Template, add supported questions, and add a Field Link to the Work Order
- Create a new Form from that template and add the previously created Work Order in the Work Order lookup
Launch the form in Field Service Mobile
- Log into Field Service Mobile with your Field Service credentials
- Open the Work Order that was created in the previous section
- Go to the Related tab and click on Forms
- Select the newly created form
- Launch the Youreka Forms Action created in the previous Create a Quick Action section
Limitations and Considerations
- Forms can be completed offline, but only after being opened once while online so the data is cached.
- Only standard sections are supported (linked, shared linked and task sections will not be displayed)
- Only the following question types are supported:
- Long Text
- Multi-select picklist
- Checkbox list
- Radio-Button list
- Field Links for Work Order Fields except Lookups (i.e. AssetId, AccountId etc.)
- Only 1 level of question dependent logic is supported (1 parent => children)
- Only required validations are supported.
- No support for page breaks between sections
- No ability to create new forms
- Custom styling is not respected
- No support for questions with:
- Custom validation
- Custom styling
- Default values