Youreka Mobile Authentication
After logging into the app and authenticating with Salesforce, the mobile app has a few levels of security to ensure all the data can only be accessed by the proper user. This can controlled by the Youreka Public Setting Bypass PIN/Biometrics. This setting is unchecked/false by default. In this instance, when the app is installed, Youreka will prompt the user to create an app passcode. Youreka will go through these steps after login:
- Request access to the device’s biometrics.
- On iOS: Face Id or Touch Id
- On Android: Fingerprints Scan, Face Scan, or Iris Scan (If the android device has multiple biometrics set up, the user can select which one they want to use).
- If the app cannot obtain access, it will revert to the device’s passcode.
- If the app still cannot obtain access, it will require the user to enter a passcode to Youreka. This cannot be reset. The app would need to be deleted and re-installed if the app’s passcode is forgotten.
Authentication is required any time after the app is in the background for over 1 minute or when it’s launched.
On certain Android devices, the biometrics will not work even if the user has set them up. It will go straight to the app’s pin screen
When Bypass Pin/Biometrics is checked/true, it will disable the biometrics and device pin requirements during login to the new mobile app.